I just got to school from our Italy pray time. Prayer was really good. It seems like everyone is concerned about finances, but it's really beautiful to see how people release that concern to the Lord and how He blesses you afterwards.
At the training time our team leader announced that we need to have ALL of our support in by 2/15... and that there could be no extensions because the person who processes the money is leaving on a mission trip (to Nigeria) on 2/18.
I have a hard time with support raising, but there is good biblical justification for how our church raising funds. I don't really have time to go into it, but a thought that is communicated that really encourages me is the "partnership" idea. People who support our trip have the opportunity to partner with a mission trip. I know that the Lord wants to use people who can't leave their home and job to travel overseas. He wants to use their finances. Steven and I have given to several trips/missionaries and it is such a blessing. I honestly don't know why my heart gets so crazy during fund raising. I've decided to stop trying to figure it out and justify it, but to follow the leading of my God and husband.
On the other hand. I received more conformation that we should be going this year. During prayer time I asked for a peace about the trip, and 30(ish) minutes later the Lord reminded me of the people we spoke with in Turin. Just their faces and smiles and the long (LONG) conversations we had with them at dinner and afterwards. Italians are so easy to befriend and so hungry for a deep relationship (like we all are), it is so easy to connect with them. I know Steven and I also love to hear about their culture and how general things are done in Italy. So the Lord really reminded me of our heart to serve in Italy. It's tricky, because it is Europe, it doesn't seem like a typical place for a mission trip. However there is such a need.
On the home front... not much has changed. This weekend we spent some time on our yard. That was a lot of fun. I planted more spinach and lettuce, while Steven trimmed a bush that provides afternoon shade for our herb garden... he really opened up a lot room, which is good because I need space for basil... it grows so well here. We are thinking of planting forget-me-nots at the base of the bush, because they are shade loving. I also planted strawberries and started seeds for tomato and pepper plants. We are pretty excited about our gardens this year. Hopefully I can post some pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment