Saturday, March 20, 2010

Month 7?


I was looking through a book when I realized that I'm seriously confused about the way they count months of pregnancy. I have completed seven months of pregnancy and am currently in my 8th month, hence the month 7?

As of right now (and I know my picture is a little late) I am almost 33 weeks pregnant! Which means in around SEVEN weeks we will have a child! That is less than two months away. The thought is kinda overwhelming and as a result we have kicked our baby preparation into high gear at our house.

For our blog that means less posts and more baby projects. The crib is coming along and I have fabric for the bedding. I'm also making letters for the wall and refurbishing an old dresser to use as a changing table. Hopefully I can get a couple of toys finished off as well.

Changes for Me
-Heartburn has changed a bit. My doctor said I could start taking Zantac. It has helped reduce the amount of heartburn, but I'm still living next to a bottle of Tums.
-He is still alive and kicking. I'm positive his head is down, because I feel two little feet/knees poking into my ribs often!

Changes for Steven
-Fallon has been complaining about a tight belly
-Recently I have been envisioning John taking up more and more space and being more squished inside of Fallon.

Changes for John
-He is up to 4 pounds and will top off 5-6 by the end of the month.
-He is starting to fill out. Looking less like an alien and more like a cute squishy baby :)
-Supposedly, the uterus will get more cramped and less vigorous kicking will result. But this kid is pretty strong... I'm still startled by a nice strong kick at night.
-Lung are approaching maturity and soon he will be ready to live outside the womb. (The lungs are the last thing to develop)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, the dating is messed up. How is a month not just a month? And don't even get me started on trimesters. I try to stick with weeks since it makes more sense.

    ReplyDelete