Friday, March 26, 2010

Scrapbooking

After two year of marriage and a baby that is definitely on his way, I have finally completed our Wedding Scrapbook!!! It is huge! 116 pages. I would have taken pictures of my favorite pages to share with the world, but I have too many other projects on my To-Do list.

I finished this week because I was with Steven on a trip. The hotel didn't charge for me to come along, so I was able to work on our book while he was at work. Also, I was able to hang out with friends that had moved away... which turned out to be a distraction, but a good one because I just could not simply work for 8 solid hours on pasting paper together.

Luckily scrapbooking paper was half price this week at Hobby Lobby. I made several trips for last minute things. I also picked out paper for John's book. Can you believe it... one HUGE project down and I'm already thinking of another big one to do.

The plan for his book is to start NOW and hopefully get the entire thing together before he comes. That way all I have to do is put pictures in and fill in details. I have also put a limit on the number of pages... hopefully no more than 80, but I'm planning on doing his first year... so we will see.

A lot of the paper I got is more little boy-ish than baby-ish. He will have a couple of light blue pages that say, "I'm a baby!" But the rest are more little boy things... like Super Man! I found a great stack that had spaceships, jungle animals, robots, (old school) Super Man, circus, cowboys, ocean prints and pirate paper. It's really fun.

I also looked through the sticker section. I usually don't buy stickers because they are really expensive... unless a page really needs them. I was actually looking for some for our wedding book... one of the shower pages is really lacking. Anyway, I came across a couple of little boy stickers. Then the baby section. As I was reading them I started to cry! The hormones got the best of me... and I probably looked really silly in the store with a huge belly holding a baby sticker with tears running down my face. What can you do?

These hand made books are a lot of work, but I really feel like they are worth it. Especially our Wedding and John's first year. I'm planning on doing all of our kiddos' first year and then doing online books through Kodak, Walgreens or Shutterfly that are more just organized photos. I do prefer to have our pictures in a book. I feel like if they aren't in a book then no one looks at them... and that is really sad.

Anyway, that is how scrapbooking is going!

No comments:

Post a Comment