Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Projects

I've been busy with Christmas projects and unfortunately I can't share some of the projects I've been working on because they are gifts... but I'll try my best to remember to take pictures to share with everyone later.

HOWEVER...

A couple of days ago I made our stockings. I was going to just buy them (after all it was pretty close to the cost of materials to make them) but I couldn't find stockings that I liked. I wanted variety but I also wanted them to coordinate.

My sister came down for the weekend I couldn't pass up the opportunity to show off Lone Star Quiltworks. Unknown to me, they were having a 20% off sale of EVERYTHING! (for the whole month, btw) It was very hard to resist. And Steven was with us so I went ahead and got all the stocking fabric, with his approval.

I only spent $20 at Lone Star and I had the rest of the materials to make the stockings at home. If I would have bought everything to make the stocking it would have come out to around $10-$15 a piece... a pretty close price comparison. HOWEVER, I love the way these stockings turned out and I couldn't find anything like it online. (Don't laugh, we don't have a mantel yet so these are attached to the wall with push pins... yes, next to the light switch... they may be moved befor Christmas)




I'm still debating if I will embroider our names on them. I like they way they look just plain and I'm not sure if it would take the stocking to the next level... or not. Jury is still out.

On a funnier note, we started looking at the Christmas fabric when choosing fabric... but we ended up in the Civil War Repo section. I laughed! But we did find fabric we liked. There is not much I don't like in the CWR section at Lone Star. John's was the only one that came out of the Christmas fabric.


Steven's...




Mine. I LOVE my body fabric!... every time I see it I smile!


And John's! We love his top fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment