Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Curtains

After two & a half years at our duplex we finally replaced the vertical blinds!

Look at those beautiful curtains!




A certain little boy is enjoying them as well. He doesn't pull on them so they aren't off limits... yet! Hopefully he's content to play pick-a-boo in them and doesn't pull on them ever, but in case he does there are some might anchors holding them up.




My sister got them for me in brown, but I decide to return it and replace it with something lighter. Our living room is a bit dark and in the future I would like to have lighter furniture. I like dark woods but too much dark wood and maroon can make a room feel like the walls are closing in... especially when your living room is as small as ours.

Once they were up I realized that John really likes to look out the window. It made me feel bad for not having the window open more, but now he can move the curtains and look by himself and I can maintain some privacy in the house.




He loves playing in them!




And I love finding him in all the curtains!




(note: the red spot on his head is a battle wound from learning to pull up on furniture)

1 comment:

  1. I hope Lucy takes a lesson from John and likes our curtains but doesn't pull them. Our house here doesn't have any low ones but there will be a bunch in front of our new bay window and I would much rather take pictures of her enjoying them than have to constantly fight her over them.

    ReplyDelete