We got a playset for the backyard this weekend! It's not new, but it is new to us!!!
Some friends originally bought it at a garage sale a few years ago. They gave it to some friends when their kids outgrew it. And those friends gave it to other friends when they move. And we got it when the last group of friends moved this weekend. So, if you followed that correctly, we are the 4th owners of a set bought at a garage sale. I think we definitely get points for re-use in this situation.
The reason this excites me so much is that John now has a 'positive' place to play in the back yard... something to distract him from my gardens. Did I share this photo?
So after we went to pick it up we worked on assembling it. The first photo is of Steven working on the lawn mower... which could be an entire post on it's own, but we are going to go there.
Ah! Done! Next we needed a baby who thinks he's a toddler.
Found one!
Like every child in the world, he must try to go UP the slide...
I'm sorry I'm camera happy and I'm not ashamed. John is only going to be 10 months old once, right!?!
I took a video as well. Warning: I say 'John' and 'Cutie' about 100 times in this video. I love my kid. Enjoy!
And yes, you are welcome to come over and drink tea with me while our kiddos play in the backyard.
Oh fun. I'm jealous, I have plans to build a play house for Lucy but it is at least a summer away.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the bit of plant dangling from John's mouth! That is one cute kid you've got there, and he's blessed to have you two for parents.
ReplyDeleteWow, we might have to bring Miss M over to play!
ReplyDeleteLisa: come on over!
ReplyDeleteMacKenzie: I want to eventually build one for John too... I have big plans. But this was free to us & it should hold him over for the next couple of years
Laurie: Thanks! We enjoy him.