Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

After much discussion about bunnies, eggs, peeps & Jesus, we decided it's okay for John to participate in most of the culturally accepted things to do when it comes to Easter (like egg hunts, gift giving and indulging in sweets :) ). Now I'd rather not go into all the arguments about what we shouldn't and should tell John about Easter, but then general guideline we are going by is that we want him to associate Jesus' Resurrection with Easter and that it's fine if he hunts eggs and gives/receives gifts as part of the celebration.

Personally, I think some of the more culturally accepted things to do (like gifts and eggs) provide a great opportunity for sharing the gospel. And as long as Steven and I do a good job of telling John about Jesus then he will have the ability to 'deal' with the Easter Bunny. We hope to spend more time building into his little character than telling him whether on not the Easter Bunny exist.

On a lighter note...

Our friends were planning an egg hunt and I thought it would be fun if John participated too. We set him up...



And this is what happened...




The other kids were having too much fun looking for eggs so I decided not to push it. Maybe next year I'll get a better photo.

At least he was pretty studly for church!



Steven Mom gave John some Easter candy and I thought I would humor her with a series of pictures. I'm pretty sure Jelly Beans are the sweetest thing John has ever had, and some of his faces crack me up! Here's a slide show!



I hope you had a wonderful time celebrating the Resurrection of Jesus this past weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Living outside of the box is knowing that not only did God create our hearts but everything around them. God meant pumpkins, trees, eggs, and bunnies for good. Poor John, I know what its like to be the first child...But know I can see John approval so far....hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Srsly, that is one cute little boy!

    ReplyDelete